Help us help those in need!
NSS is looking for volunteers who care about seniors and people with disabilities who are living in poverty along with social and food inequities that make them food insecure.
We need social savants, with techie and wordsmith skills for creative input in many NSS program activities. NSS assembles and distributes food assistance packages every week.
How you can help:
- Volunteer to operate NSS, Inc. phone lines for order confirmation and delivery schedules.
- Assist seniors with placing online orders for their customized food packages at on-site ordering sites (i.e. housing facilities, libraries, and community centers).
- Set up the ordering link on personal iPhones, iPads, or laptops so individuals can complete orders independently, once comfortable with the simple ordering process.
- Assemble food packages: M-F: 9am-3pm
- Deliver food packages to immobile seniors in the Greater New Haven/Hamden Areas: M-S: 9am-1 pm from our Newhall Street Warehouse.
OUR WAREHOUSE LOCATION:
Dayton Park, Unit 104
7 Corporate Drive
North Haven, CT 06473